General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Be able to Select from layers other than the Tax Paracel layer

I see now where you can also buffer under the Select tab with more than just a point. Is there a way to be able to select from other layers than just the Tax Parcel layer? For instance if you want to find all right of way deeds on a street, you used to be able to use the selection tool on the right of way layer, and all deeds in the area you selected would be listed.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Admin →

At this point the only layer you can buffer on is the tax parcel layer.

There are no plans to add additional layers to the select or buffer in the immediate future. It is something I would like to add at some point though.

You could use ArcMap to do those types of selections and buffers.

• zoom out button

dont have the ability to zoom out on maps

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s true, we do not have a zoom out button, but there are a couple of ways to zoom out. If your mouse has a scroll wheel you can use that to zoom in and out.

We also have a zoom slider that is located on the bottom left of the site. It’s the vertical bar with a circle in the middle. You can move that circle up to zoom in and down to zoom out.

You can also press the plus and minus keys on your keyboard to zoom in and out.

Finally there is another keyboard shortcut to zoom in and out. If you hold down Shift and draw a box it will zoom in. If you hold down Shift + Ctrl and draw a box it will zoom out.

• Set option

If you click on an option, such as zoom, it should stay on that until you click the next option and not reset to pan.

0 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. This is something we have been playing around with.

I think we may end up removing the zoom in tool. Most modern maps, such as google and bing do not have a zoom in tool. You can use the mouse wheel or the zoom in/out buttons on the zoom slider instead.

You can also hold the shift key on your keyboard and draw a box to zoom in. Holding ctrl+shift and drawing a box will zoom out.

• initial zoom in

When I first bring up the map and I try to zoom in on an area it seems fine but after it loads to show what you zoom in to it moves to the east. For example when I highlight the Umatilla area it brings up Volusia county, highlight Clermont and it brings up Orange county.

0 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmmm, I haven’t experienced that issue yet. I tried it on my end and do not see what you are referring to.

When I zoom into an area it zooms into the area that I drew around.

I’ll keep an eye on it though and see if anyone else reports that same issue. You might want to try closing your browser, opening it again and see if it still does that. You could try clearing your browsing history too.

• Zoom Control

When I use wheel on mouse to zoom in / out, it moves WAY out or WAY in.... might be a setting on my mouse, but Google or Bing maps to not react this way when I use them now (same browser, same mouse). I love the new layout of the site. Already WAY EASIER to use than the current one!

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

If you use the mouse wheel it should zoom in one level at a time for each “click” of the mouse wheel. I’m not seeing a huge zoom in/out when using the mouse wheel but I’ll try it on other mice to see what happens.

• Measurement

It's difficult to do measurements. While you're in the "Measure" mode and trying to set the parameters of what you're measuring, every time you click on the map to set a new point, it thinks you're looking for information and the information box pops up for the parcel that you're on. Can this information box be turned off while you're in the "Measure" mode? Thanks

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Admin →

That’s a good idea. We will look at changing that. In the meantime if you have anything selected, click the Clear button before you start your measurements. That will clear anything that is selected making the measurement easier to use.

• Printing maps

I've heard some different suggestions from various people. When printing a map, smallest scale is 1:820 for 11x17 and 1:1,093 for 8.5x11. Can the scale be 1:600 or 1:1,200, which could be scaled with a ruler? Also, cannot see the colors in the legend at the bottom - it doesn't seem to print right. Also, the big blue circle for the tax parcel selected hides what is underneath. Can that be transparent or removed?

0 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

I don’t know how much control I have over the print options. The scale is that way because it is trying to fit the entire map view into 11×17 or 8.5×11. Your web browser is most likely larger than 11×17 or 8.5×11, so to fit the entire map view into those two sizes it has to zoom out a bit to fit what you see on the screen into the printed page. It does this automatically and I don’t think it can be overridden.

As for the blue circles, one way to remove them would be to click the “Clear” button before printing. That will remove the blue circles from the map display, then when you print they will not be displayed any longer.

• Queries

This is horrible. Where do you even start? I just want to review the site that I queried....and you direct me to this, I query again and I get an entire map of Lake County, 85 returns on my one query...ridiculous. Please do not launch this site. Cannot believe our tax dollars went to THIS!

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear you are not happy with the new map. I took a look at the query you entered “Friendly Capital Development”. I think if you choose to search by Owner Name you will have much better results. In the search bar where it says “All” change that to “Owner Name” and then enter your search of Friendly Capital Development. That returns 5 results. Hope that helps!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base